I wish I could make time to read them all.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I can't get enough of .....books
Posted by Yusno Yunos at 4:02 PM 2 comments
Monday, November 2, 2009
I cherish the past couple of months beginning my journey as a technopreneur. Strange as it sounds, I have never dreamed of starting my own business this early. I'm glad the opportunity arose at the right time for me to take calculated risks with feasible plans in hand.
I am not against those who work for others (being employed by small or big corporations), but I am against those who work without realizing the need to improve themselves (financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually).
Recently, in a workshop I attended, we were constantly reminded that entrepreneurs and technopreneurs never fail, only businesses do.
So, what does it mean for me to be a technopreneur?
- Live out an entrepreneur life
- Look out for opportunities (more focus given on the technology/ICT area)
- Think big and act
- Commercial viability of an idea is far more important than the idea itself
- Hungry for knowledge and able to self-motivate
- Work anytime rather than full time or part time
- Appreciate and value past, existing and potential contacts
A friend of mine recently told me that the success of a business is based on the RICE concept
- R - Resources
- I - Ideas
- C - Contacts
- E - Expertise
I couldn't agree more. How do you define a technopreneur or an entrepreneur?
Posted by Yusno Yunos at 11:17 AM 3 comments
Labels: Business, General, Motivation, Technology
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)